This is.....

My photo
Probably insane, sometimes cynical, mostly absurd and occasionally feisty, buddhist, sapiosexual witch with a passion for love, food and life. Convinced that most people either need a hug, or a damn good slap :)

Saturday 3 October 2015

"I've Had to Change the Title and now have no idea what to call it"


As I've been doing more of this blogging lark lately, a few things have occurred to me. I waffle on quite happily on here, with people rarely commenting, which is a shame but the way of the world sometimes. This kinda puts me in mind of the drunk at the party. They drink, and as they drink, words leak out of their brains into their mouths and in order to be able to drink more without choking on a stray capital letter, they have to let them out. It matters not if anyone is listening, or commenting, because these words are just in the way and have to leave. 

There are of course people who can do this without drinking. These poor afflicted people have a slight malfunction in the brain which over produces words that again, have to come out before their heads explode. If they are lucky, these people can make a living at this, people like Tolkien and Isaac Asimov were early sufferers, as was Terry Pratchett.  JK Rowling, Faith Hunter, Kim Harrison, and many other more modern sufferers deal with this most troublesome condition under the guise of entertainment. There are some of course that it would have been more entertaining had they kept their words inside their heads until fifty shades of grey matter had exploded out. Not naming names of course.. ahem.

It is said that no word, once said, can ever be unsaid. I think it is true. We may forgive a harsh word, but we will never forget it. It will visit again, usually in the dead of night when you can't sleep and you'll have to remind yourself that you actually did forgive that, honestly you did, so go away please. 

I've decided with my blogs, I'm going to be the drunk. I'm not clever enough to earn money at this but I love doing it, so, I take the drunk option. This doesn't mean all my blogs are going to be typed when I'm drunk, that would be silly, and i couldn't afford it, but as I live alone, rarely drink and friends don't visit me very often (almost never) I don't get the chance to have debates, or pontificate about everything I know nothing about, like everyone else does.


Ha! Just looked up the word pontificate as I knew what it meant generally but wanted to make sure I was using it right and got this definition:


"To pontificate is to talk in a dogmatic and pompous  manner. To pontificate properly, you need to be a know-it-all with very strong opinions and the urge to share them.
Pontificate comes from the French word pontiff, another word for the Pope, the leader of the Roman Catholic Church" 


Well har har har!

Ok another short pathway meandered down for a moment. Back now. 

You, good people are going to be the long suffering listeners of my ramblings. I'm going to pretend that we're all here together, and we are (I am) discussing deep and meaningful topics, ones that plague me while the OhGod of Insomnia sits cross legged at the end of the bed making sure I worship him properly (usually by beseeching "OhGod please let me sleep!") By the way, did you know that the Roman God of Sleep was called Somnus, which is how we get the word insomnia as unable to sleep! (just imagine that I put square glasses on and spoke that last sentence through my nose please)

Ok to be completely honest, it's when I'm laying in bed in the middle of the night arguing with my body about getting up for a wee. Then once I've given in and gone, arguing with my body about getting back to sleep before I need another wee. BUT I do think deep thoughts at this time too!


Right I think I've given you a good idea of how they are likely to go. The next one I'll be muttering about relates to Time, which this one would have, but got sidetracked before I even started! Bugger, got to change the title now.

Bet you can't wait now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment