This is.....

My photo
Probably insane, sometimes cynical, mostly absurd and occasionally feisty, buddhist, sapiosexual witch with a passion for love, food and life. Convinced that most people either need a hug, or a damn good slap :)

Friday 14 August 2009

My Pride and Joy


There isn't an awful lot I'm proud of in my life. I've not been particularly generous, I've not worked tirelessly for a worthy cause, I've not amassed fortunes to distribute amongst the needy, I've not even given huge amounts of pleasure to dodgy men.. couldn't even keep my two ex husbands happy.. although to be fair that was my decision more than theirs.

However if, once I leave this life, I am asked what gave my life meaning, I would only need to give two dates. They would be the birth dates of my daughters.

I would never ever say that being a mother was easy by any means. I have on the whole been dragged through motherhood kicking and screaming by these two amazing people. They have patiently shown me, over the years, that however much they threw at me, I was, to my intense surprise, able to cope, ready to put things back together when my first instincts often wouldn't have been either legal or ethical!

It can't have been easy, having me as a mother, but in teaching them, I learned myself. In guiding them, I was guided as well. I had a temper, they taught me to control it.

They are very different these daughters of mine. One can and does eat anything while maintaining a lovely slim figure (even after numerous children!) The other is as fussy as all hell, and only has to look at a chip and she can feel the weight go on. (Her lovely figure is worked very hard for!)

One is constantly stressed and I find I have to tread on eggshells most of the time I talk to her, never really feeling I can say what I think in fear of upsetting her. I know, as I have managed to many times in the past. She is such a sensitive soul in many ways. The other I can say anything to, tease, torment, laugh and cry with and I know I can speak my mind with her. She is very empathic so knows most of what I say is garbage anyway!

One is fiery, the other calm. I could go on and on about their differences, but through all of them I am more proud of them than anything else in this life. They are beacons of sunshine and light when things get dark.

They will always be my beauties, my achievement in this life, they are two very different but very special people. If it were allowed, I would protect them forever from all that would hurt them, but I know that for a long time now, they have been busy carving their own paths in life.

They exasperate me at times, but mostly they amaze me, I couldn't imagine life without them.

My girls, my pride and my joy. I love you both.

1 comment:

  1. I know its an oldie now.. but I had to say, What a lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete